colchicine used to improve vegetable crops

doug at doug at
Thu Jan 16 23:31:18 EST 1997

      I plan on treating Solanum sisymbriifolium (Litchi Tomato) seeds
with colchicine. I can imagine that this specific plant has been ignored
by major plant breeders but, I am interested it treating other edible
crops as well.

      Could someone recommend any books or articles covering the use of
induced polyploid seedlings on food crops?

                                                    Thank you,

                                                    Douglas Sutton
-------------------==== Posted via Deja News ====-----------------------     Search, Read, Post to Usenet