Poison Ivy information

Benoit Provost a212424 at msp.sc.ti.com
Mon Jul 7 10:57:37 EST 1997


Hi,

  I did not find another Newsgroup more appropriate for this kind of
question.  Sorry if it is out of the subject in newsgroup.  
Last week, I got poison ivy while mountain biking in a wood.  I got my
arms and little parts on my legs and neck infected.  I read somewhere on
the net that the poison ivy oil is potentially dangerous for a very long
time (months) and it can be transmitted from contaminated toys or other
objects that have been in contact with the plant.  My question is: 
Should I clean all by bike with strong soap or is this only for VERY
much infected items?  
Also, is it normal to easily find poison ivy plants in a city park where
there are maintained mountain bike trails?

  Thanks,

  Benoit Provost
-- 
===========================================================
Benoit Provost, Ph.D. student
Texas A&M University (presently at Texas Intruments inc.)
Electrical Engineering Department
Voice:  (214) 997-3569
Fax:    (214) 997-3428
WWW:    http://amesp02.tamu.edu/~provost
e-mail: provost at ee.tamu.edu
===========================================================



More information about the Plant-ed mailing list