photons

Anne Heise aheise at ORCHARD.WASHTENAW.CC.MI.US
Fri Jul 25 13:00:44 EST 1997

A friend asked me if a photon has a wavelength.  What is an entry-level
yet accurate way to answer her question?

What I suggested was that light can be viewed as a particle or a wave, and
that the wavelength determines the energy in the light.  Meanwhile
light-as-photons is also energetic, but I think the energy of photons is
expressed some other way.

Am I close? I'm a little embarrassed not to have an easy (and correct!)
answer all ready... hope someone will help me out.

Anne Heise
Washtenaw Community College
Ann Arbor MI 48106