plant-ed future

Dr. David Starrett dstarret at BIOLOGY.SEMO.EDU
Thu Jun 12 11:07:23 EST 1997

At 08:00 AM 6/12/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I get the same kind of "junk" on other newsgroups I subscribe to.  I think
>they use a program to post to all of the Bionet groups.  I just hit delete
>and ignore the ones I can't tell are junk from the title.  It's just like
>junk mail in your mailbox delivered by the US mail - although that is
>generally not obscene.  The same problem was had by FAX before email.
>Moderation would be nice but, as stated in one of the below posts, that
>would require someones time and effort.  My suggestion is just use the
>delete key.
>
>Cyndy

I agree.  Though the material is a pain, I simply delete messages based on
subject line.  Moderation would be nice, but I have no problem with
moderating at my in-box

Dave Starrett

*  Dr. David Starrett                                       *
*  Biology Department, MS 6200                              *
*  Southeast Missouri State University                      *
*  Cape Girardeau, MO 63701                                 *
*  Ph: (573) 651-2382                                       *
*  Fax: (573) 651-2223                                      *
*  email: dstarret at biology.semo.edu                         *
*  WWW: http://biology.semo.edu/web/starrett/starrhpg.html  *