Jonathan B. Marder marder at
Fri Jun 20 05:23:06 EST 1997

You might want to take note of our decision ~18 months ago
to moderate bionet.photosynthesis. I started off opposed to
moderation, but relented because I couldn't provide an alternative
to other subscriber who were NOT prepared to accept the level of junk

IMO opinion, we did a good
job of drawing up a revised charter which made the moderation
policy clear - archived at:-

Basically, we said that the policy would be to reject obvious
spams and blatant violations of the "no ADS" principle. We also
said that moderation policy would be very liberal. I am not the
moderator, but as far as I know, his decisions have all been
accepted without argument.

BTW BIOSCI rules are that you must put the revised charter to a vote.
In a disciplined readership like this one, there shouldn't be a problem.

Jonathan B. Marder             ,      Department of Agricultural Botany
E-mail: MARDER at |      The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Phone: (08 or +9728) 9481918   | /\/  Faculty of Agriculture
Fax:   (08 or +9728) 9467763   |/  \  P.O.Box 12, Rehovot 76100, ISRAEL