Experience with Plant Transport

Char A Bezanson bezanson at STOLAF.EDU
Fri May 16 14:14:21 EST 1997

Coleus, an old standby, is succulent and fast-growing like jewel-weed, and
might work as well. Seed is easy to find. Also, jewel-weed is an
Impatiens,many species of which you can probably find in local garden
centers, and which may fit the bill, although the internodes are shorter.
If you can get someone to collect some real jewel-weed (Impatiens pallida,
probably) seed for you, it germinates easily.

Char A. Bezanson (bezanson at stolaf.edu)
School Nature Area Project
St. Olaf College
Northfield,  MN  55057