This is why we should do a good job teaching non-majors

Tue Nov 18 17:05:01 EST 1997

In a message dated 18/11/1997 4:01:59 PM, Kenneth M Klemow wrote:

>syndicated column by Thomas Sowell,
>in that column, he wrote
>"We used to laugh at the sacred cows in India.  Now we have long lists of
>"endangered species" that are sacred in the United States - even when they
>are neither endangered nor species.  Neither owls nor squirrels are in
>danger of disappearing, though some odd varieties of of each may be getting

Sowell is so level headed about so many other issues. I have read dozens of
sensible essays on subjects ranging from our perceptions of slavery to the
"bell curve" phenomenon with regard to IQ. Science is clearly his Achilles

Is there a way to comment? To the paper? To Sowell himself?

Dave Williams
Science Department Chair
Valencia Community College, East Campus
701 N. Econlockhatchee Trail