What plant it is? .....1/1 bmp

Martin Tom Brown Martin at nezumi.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 2 12:52:48 EST 1997

In article <nD2C96919 at sylvstrs.demon.co.uk>
           mick at sylvstrs.demon.co.uk "Mick Collins" writes:

> Lynda Thornton <lynda at wuli.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Hope that's the end of the matter.  It's a shame that the gardening
> > newsgroup has to entertain such aggressive outbursts.
>
>    Agreed -  but perhaps if David had been obliged to spend over 10
> minutes downloading a huge file that he could do nothing with, he
> might have been more aggrieved.

I can well understand why after being landed with an unsolicited
gross binary in a ludicrous format people were inclined to shoot
from the hip. It seems in this case it was a naieve user error.
Hopefully, he will not post another >8k lines of garbage again.

I have my kill file set to eliminate lines >300 or crossposted
to more than 5 newsgroups - it gives a remarkable SNR improvement.
These things happen from time to time.

[followups trimmed]

Regards,
--
Martin Brown  <martin at nezumi.demon.co.uk>     __                CIS: 71651,470
Scientific Software Consultancy             /^,,)__/