Starch-iodine complex

George F Edick edickg at rpi.edu
Mon Apr 6 08:15:52 EST 1998

I have never found a good explanation of this classic reaction anywhere. A
chemist once told me that as simple as it appears to be, the
mechanism/structure is not well understood.

George

George Edick                                  E-mail:  edickg at rpi.edu
Department of Biology                         Phone:   518-276-8431
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute              Fax:     518-276-2344
Troy, NY  12180