economic botany book

Wilson Crone cronewil at HVCC.EDU
Sun Apr 19 12:16:48 EST 1998

I've used both for a lower level course at the community college where I
teach.  I teach it in a late-start, half-semester format.  Given that
constraint, and given the widely varying background of the students, I found
that the Leventin and McMahon (Plants and Society) was the better bet.  Less
coverage than the gold standard of  Simpson and Orgorzaly (Economic Botany:
Plants in Our World), but enough to reinforce and extend from my
lectures/demonstations (my course time is pretty informal!).   Bill Crone

Wilson Crone, Department of  Biology, Hudson Valley Community College
Troy, NY 12180     cronewil at hvcc.edu     (518) 270-7439 (office), -7542 (fax)