artificial selection software

Kathleen Archer Kathleen.Archer at trincoll.edu
Thu Aug 13 09:34:29 EST 1998

Dear Colleagues,
I'm looking for a software program that allows students to experience the
effects of selecting for certain plant traits over time.  My idea is to
simulate local selection of crop characteristics, so students can get a
more vivid impression of how artificial selection works. Do any of you know
of something like this?  I have access to BioQuest's Evolve program, which
might work ok, but it appears to have a more population genetics angle and
stresses genotypes more than phenotypes.
Any suggestions are most welcome.
Kath Archer