The Big Five of Trees

TIENIE STANDER mondfer at global.co.za
Thu Dec 31 05:25:24 EST 1998

I live in South Africa and travel as often as possible in Africa.  On a
recent trip in Zimbabwe, our party came up with the idea to choose the Big
Five of trees.  However, we found the task virtually impossible.  There are
so many wonderful trees that we could not yet agree on five trees.

Hoe about joining me in trying to choose the five most impressive trees in
Southern Africa.  We are not looking for the biggest trees, but the most
impressive trees, either through its size, beauty, usage, link in the food
chain etc.  Please also send your reasons for selecting the specific trees.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Tienie