Two questions

Fri Feb 6 10:07:06 EST 1998

        I have two separate questions:

1)  We have a chromatography development cabinet for running large (~20 x
30 cm) paper chromatograms that we want to set up and use (we need to
repeat and verify some earlier work before we move into HPLC).  However,
I'm not sure how it works.  I mean, I know the basics, of course, but how
do you keep the bottom of the paper immersed in mobile phase?  Do you just
put several cm of the solvent in the bottom of the cabinet or do you use
some sort of tray in the bottom of the tank?  If the latter, do you have to
refill the tray as solvent moves up the paper?

2)  Does anyone have the address for suscribing to the photosynthesis
electronic news group?

p.s.  Thanks to all for input on the ASPP Topical Reviews in Plant
Physiology collection.  I am working to get rid of the typos and am adding
more references.

Dr. Robert R. Wise, Director
UW-Oshkosh EM Facility
Department of Biology and Microbiology