Two questions

Barry Pogson pogson at ASU.EDU
Fri Feb 6 12:55:02 EST 1998

wise at wrote:

> All,
>         I have two separate questions:
> 1)  We have a chromatography development cabinet for running large
> (~20 x
> 30 cm) paper chromatograms that we want to set up and use (we need to
> repeat and verify some earlier work before we move into HPLC).
> However,
> I'm not sure how it works.  I mean, I know the basics, of course, but
> how
> do you keep the bottom of the paper immersed in mobile phase?  Do you
> just
> put several cm of the solvent in the bottom of the cabinet or do you
> use
> some sort of tray in the bottom of the tank?  If the latter, do you
> have to
> refill the tray as solvent moves up the paper?
> 2)  Does anyone have the address for suscribing to the photosynthesis
> electronic news group?

Try subscribe photosynthesis at the addressThat is send a
message to:
biosci-server at
Leave the title of the message blank. In the body of the message write
subscribe photosynthesis

Dr Barry Pogson
Photosynthesis Center, Dept. of Plant Biology, Box 871601
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287, USA.
Email: pogson at; Fax: 1 (602) 965-6899; Ph: 1 (602) 965-2583