Physarum sporangia

Dr. David Starrett dstarret at BIOLOGY.SEMO.EDU
Fri Feb 6 17:41:03 EST 1998

Plant-ed,
  Below is the response I sent to Bill.  After Ross's comment, I decided to
post it to the whole board.

I have had good luck simply growing them on moist filter paper in a petri
dish and then letting them dry out slowly in a drawer.  Leave the dish lid
on, but don't tape, seal it, etc.  Usually there will be a good crop of
sporangia around the perimeter of the plasmodium.

I have never tried to start them up again from these, don't know if they
are ammenable or not

Dave Starrett

* Dr. David Starrett                                      *
* Biology Department, MS 6200                             *
* Southeast Missouri State University                     *
* Cape Girardeau, MO  63701                               *
* Ph: 573-651-2382                                        *
* Fax: 573-651-2223                                       *
* Email: dstarret at biology.semo.edu                        *