(none)

Dr. David Starrett dstarret at BIOLOGY.SEMO.EDU
Tue Feb 10 18:07:56 EST 1998

Edders,
  A basic question (apologies if this has come up, don't remember seeing it
recently).  We are considering changing texts for our intro botany class.
We now use Raven/Evert/Eichorn.  We have requested copies of the new
edition of Moore et al.  Are trying to get a hold of another copy of
Mauseth.  Have Stern.  Have requested Roust et al.
  Any others we should be looking at?  Any recommendations as to
good/appropriate text?  Our course is half Unity/Diversity/Taxonomy,
including Cyanobac, Algae, and all of Fungi.  The second half of course is
anatomy and then emphasis on Plant Phy.  What texts would fit the bill?
The current one is great for the first half of the course, but a bit weak
on second half.

Dave Starrett

* Dr. David Starrett                                      *
* Biology Department, MS 6200                             *
* Southeast Missouri State University                     *
* Cape Girardeau, MO  63701                               *
* Ph: 573-651-2382                                        *
* Fax: 573-651-2223                                       *
* Email: dstarret at biology.semo.edu                        *