What can you do with a BS in Biology?

David W. Kramer kramer.8 at OSU.EDU
Thu Feb 12 12:05:39 EST 1998

Brian (a really nice guy trying to help his girlfriend) wrote:

>What can a person do for a career with a BS in Biology?  My girlfriend
>says she enjoys biology and wants to get her BS.  I asked her what she
>would do for a career later with that degree other than teach.  Even
>finding a job teaching would be difficult with only a BS.  She said
>that she'd worry about that later.  So I ask, what other careers can a
>person with a BS in Biology look?

In addition to the excellent web sites listed by Jon Monroe, if she's
interested in working with plants she should check out the Career
Information on the Botanical Society's web page:

http://www.ou.edu/cas/botany-micro/careers/

Dr. David W. Kramer
Department of Plant Biology
Ohio State University at Mansfield