UV-B Light

Carl Pike C_Pike at ACAD.FANDM.EDU
Thu Feb 12 08:10:04 EST 1998

I'm helping students with a project on the effects of UV-B on plant growth.
In several papers, authors mention using a Westinghouse (or other) FS 40
bulb as the UV-B source.  My local distributor (and indeed one journal
article) said that the bulb is no longer available.  Does anyone have any
particular information on a commercially available light source for this
work?  Thanks.

Carl S. Pike                             (717) 291-3958
Department of Biology                    FAX (717) 399-4548
Franklin and Marshall College            Internet  C_PIKE at ACAD.FANDM.EDU
P.O. Box 3003
Lancaster, PA  17604-3003  USA