Fri Feb 20 17:18:38 EST 1998

At 12:42 PM -0500 2/20/98, Margene RANIERI wrote:
>Does anyone out there know how to induce the formation of sporangia on
>greenhouse-grown Psilotum?  For four years I have grown nice, lush,
>dark-green Psilotum plants in the greenhouse, but they lack the nice,
>yellow sporangia.  Is there some photoperiod, temperature, nutritional
>state, etc. that I am overlooking?  Six years ago my Psilotums
>produced sporangia and then, all of a sudden, they stopped.  I am not
>doing anything different, as far as I know; help...

I've had the opposite problem...years of none...
but this year they are loaded.  I think it has
to do with my moving it to a brighter position
in the greenhouse.  I believe I had kept them in too
much shade!  I'll be interested in other's comments
as well.

Ross Koning                 | koning at
Biology Department          |
Willimantic, CT 06226 USA   | fax: 860-465-4479