Botany non-textbook book

DJHicks%Faculty%MC at MANCHESTER.EDU DJHicks%Faculty%MC at MANCHESTER.EDU
Fri Feb 20 16:54:29 EST 1998

>     .... I was wondering if any of you have a suggestion as to a general
>     interest book related to plants or plant science that might be
>     appropriate for a sophomore-level Botany course.
>
>     Also:
>
>     Does anyone else do something similar in their Botany or Biology
>     courses?
>     Mark

*** An area that students tend to find interesting is ehtnobotany, and there
are some good books out there on the subject:

Balick and Cox. Plants, People and Culture.
Plotkin. Tales of a Shaman's Apprentice.
(I am using the latter two as texts in my ethnobotany class - it's a brand-
new course, but these books seem to be working well.)
Also:
Davis. One River.
Perlin. A Forest Journey.
Nabhan. Gathering the Desert.