Botany non-textbook book

Schmid Katherine kschmid at THOMAS.BUTLER.EDU
Fri Feb 20 16:40:46 EST 1998

On 20 Feb 1998, Mark Hammer wrote:
>      I was wondering if any of you have a suggestion as to a general
>      interest book related to plants or plant science that might be
>      appropriate for a sophomore-level Botany course.

One possibility would be essays from John King's "Reaching for the Sun:
How Plants Work  (Cambridge University Press, 1997).  The essays don't
require much  background and have eye-catching titles such as "Plants are
cool, but why?" (includes cooling by transpiration & convection).

Kathy Schmid

Dr. Katherine M. Schmid
Dept. of Biological Sciences
Butler University