plant lab in computer center

David Brown dbrown at OA.PTLOMA.EDU
Sat Feb 28 16:41:16 EST 1998

Planted,
        This is cross-posted to plantbio and biolab.
        Do any of you have suggestions for a plant science lab
in one afternoon lab at the campus computer center. Has anyone
tried this? Would you share your ideas, hints, warnings,
good times, bad times, etc, etc? I used this style in a microbiology
class last semester and felt it was a success. This was in
part because of free National Medical Library access. Several
commercial sites service the medical profession with free
abstracts and fees for the full document. I don't know of a free
"Plant National Journal Library" access.
        I would particularly like URLs able to do journal searches
without paying a fee. I have found publisher search sites but
they invariably require a subscription to the journal on-line.
I have not tried our library computer links yet, that is my
next prep self assignment. Any lab procedures you could
pass along would be much appreciated.
        Thanks for any help.
        David