time-lapse video recorder

Lee Hadden hadden at WINGATE.EDU
Fri Feb 27 21:12:03 EST 1998

Does anyone know a source for new or used [but in good condition]
time-lapse video recorders?  I need one for new Plant Biology lab projects
and research I want to implement but have found only a fawned they were
priced beyond our budget.  I need the type that could record plant growth
would buy one with my own money, if it were affordable, just to have one
and bring a new and dynamic experience to the students.

Along this line, is there a clearing-house for used or no longer needed lab
and teaching equipment?  Maybe an on-line "swap list" , registry for
large-university or research company willing- to-donate-to-smaller
[private] colleges"  [great tax write-off CEO's!]?  I have heard from
friends in industry and private business sector of  instruments they
upgraded, but either junked to make space, or store forever [and never to
use again].  They've commented, "Gee, I wish we had known you needed one-we
just bought five and scrapped three old ones!"
How about a trading web site to post material to sell, donate, swap, along
with a "need to obtain" list?  Someone out there ought to be clever enough
to get one going!

Thanks.

Lee Hadden
Department of Biology