Pribnow and his box

Barry Meatyard Barry.Meatyard at WARWICK.AC.UK
Thu Jan 22 05:03:10 EST 1998

Dear Plant-Edders,

This might not be the right forum but I'm getting desperate!

I'm working on a new Science Dictionary and the copy editor is very hot
about origins of terms.  Does anyone have biographical details (or know
where to find them for (David, I think) Pribnow of Pribnow box promoter
sequence fame. I've tried all the reference books in our library to no
avail (but have found Hogness!)

Any ideas.  Thanks in advance,   Barry

Dr.Barry Meatyard                       Tel: 01203 524228
Science and Plants for Schools          Fax: 01203 523237
Warwick Institute of Education          Email: barry.meatyard at
University of Warwick