Cigarette Smoke Effects On Plants?

David Brown dbrown at OA.PTLOMA.EDU
Tue Jan 27 15:12:03 EST 1998

Plant-ed Folks:
        The Wisconsin Fast Plants manuals I have seen suggest
that insects on fast plants can be controled by bagging the entire
plant and pot with a burning cigarette. That prompts me to think
a simple experiment with fast plants could be conducted. Has
anyone out there tried experiments to test the impact of the
tobacco smoke/tars/nicotene on fast plant growth etc, rather
than insect pests of fast plants?

        I may try it myself if the students are interested.

David Brown, PLNC

Note: This is cross-posted to plantbio and biolab.