stupid plant tricks

Carl Pike c_pike at ACAD.FANDM.EDU
Tue Jul 14 09:09:18 EST 1998

At the ASPP meeting a speaker (Julian Schroeder, I think) got a mimosa to
close its leaflets one by one down the line, thus showing the propagation
of the stimulus.  Either I'm stupid or my mimosa is stupid - I can get one
leaflet pair to close, or a bunch of them more or less together.  What's
the catch?

Carl S. Pike                             (717) 291-3958
Department of Biology                    FAX (717) 399-4548
Franklin and Marshall College            Internet  C_PIKE at ACAD.FANDM.EDU
P.O. Box 3003
Lancaster, PA  17604-3003  USA