Amorphophallus titanum

David W. Kramer kramer.8 at OSU.EDU
Tue Jul 14 20:39:37 EST 1998

>You may have read in the newspaper that the Amorphophallus titanum at the
>Atlanta Botanical Garden recently flowered - in all its visual and
>olfactory splendor.  I heard that the garden has a web site with pictures,
>etc. - does anyone have the URL?
>Carl S. Pike                             (717) 291-3958
>Department of Biology                    FAX (717) 399-4548
>Franklin and Marshall College            Internet  C_PIKE at ACAD.FANDM.EDU
>P.O. Box 3003
>Lancaster, PA  17604-3003  USA

The Atlanta Botanical Garden's web site is at
but I don't see a photo of A. titanum there.

Using a search engine like AltaVista (,
search for Amorphophallus titanum and you will get at least 5-6 web sites.
One of them is
which purports to have all the photos of A.titanum that reside on the www.

Dr. David W. Kramer
Department of Plant Biology