Plant how to questions

Dr. David Starrett dstarret at BIOLOGY.SEMO.EDU
Mon Jun 8 10:34:52 EST 1998

At 06:44 PM 6/6/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>I just purchased this plant a few weeks ago & I've been keeping it
>outside so it gets enough sun. I think I must have watered it too much.
>How often should it be watered? Thanks for any advice, Mark

Plant-edders,
  It seems that we get quite a few questions of this nature, and perhaps
more frequently these days.  I am glad to see people asking questions and
glad to see people figuring out how to find resources on the Internet, etc.
 Maybe this sounds a bit high-and-mighty, or scroogish, but... is this the
proper place for these types of questions?  I don't mind reading and
deleting (I tend not to have much more clue than the questioner on these
queries) and realize it is hard to limit the type of question, but it would
seem that there should be some source that is better suited to these
questions.
  Anyone else have a thought on this?

Dave Starrett

* Dr. David Starrett                                      *
* Biology Department, MS 6200                             *
* Southeast Missouri State University                     *
* Cape Girardeau, MO  63701                               *
* Ph: 573-651-2382                                        *
* Fax: 573-651-2223                                       *
* Email: dstarret at biology.semo.edu                        *