Plant how to questions

David W. Kramer kramer.8 at OSU.EDU
Tue Jun 9 09:52:17 EST 1998

Please remember that the person asking how to keep an Aloe alive might be a
teacher or professor wanting to maintain a living specimen of a medicinally
important plant.  We must be careful in our assumptions about the
questioner and the reasons for asking the question.

If you can't answer the question, simply delete it.  Just as you delete
questions from university professors that you can't answer.  When we move
to stop the questions, something of the teacher in us has faded ("died"
seems too strong but might apply!).

In addition to referring horticultural questions to the newsgroups that
have been listed, you might want to refer them to useful horticultural

Ohio State University's Horticulture and Crop Science in Virtual Perspective:

Yahoo! Gardening Newsgroups

The Garden Gate

Garden Centre

The Horticultural Web