The secret life of plants

Dr. David Starrett dstarret at BIOLOGY.SEMO.EDU
Tue Jun 16 10:03:24 EST 1998

At 09:45 AM 6/13/1998 GMT, you wrote:
>On Mon, 8 Jun 1998 21:09:37 +0300, "HELLINAS" <guardlan at otenet.gr> wrote:
>>   Does anyone know anything about this book, and these matters in general ?
>>" The secret life of plants"  =  plant (etc) consiousness..
>
>David Attenborough, same title as BBC TV series a year or two ago.
>Had nothing to do with plant consciousness (I think), but there are plenty of
>other things about plants that most people are not aware of...

The David Attenborough 6 film series was "The PRIVATE Life of Plants".  It
is a very good series with time lapse animations, etc.  It had nothing to
do with plant "consiouness", etc.  I do use it in my intro botany class.

Dave Starrett

* Dr. David Starrett                                      *
* Biology Department, MS 6200                             *
* Southeast Missouri State University                     *
* Cape Girardeau, MO  63701                               *
* Ph: 573-651-2382                                        *
* Fax: 573-651-2223                                       *
* Email: dstarret at biology.semo.edu                        *