IBA

George F Edick edickg at rpi.edu
Tue Jun 16 08:14:17 EST 1998

Hello,

I checked the Merck Index (9th ed, p656) which indicates solubility in
alcohol, ether, and acetone. If true, it should be possible to dissolve your
IBA in a small volume of one of these solvents, and then add to water or
buffer to dilute out the possible toxic effects of the solvent on the plant
tissue. I have dissolved a number of plant hormones in ethanol (sometimes
less than 1 ml) and then added that mixture to a large volume of water (>
1L) and the hormones stay in solution. Hope that helps. Good luck.

George

George Edick                                  E-mail:  edickg at rpi.edu
Department of Biology                         Phone:   518-276-8431
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute              Fax:     518-276-2344
Troy, NY  12180