bleeding heart plant

David W. Kramer kramer.8 at OSU.EDU
Mon Jun 29 00:57:14 EST 1998

>I would like some information about how to care for the bleeding heart
>plant.  I don't know whether it should get full sun or partial shade.  I
>would also like to know how much water the plant requires.

Questions about the selection, planting, and care of houseplants and garden
plants is at the "Virtual Garden" on the WWW:

http://www.pathfinder.com/@@dV@9pQAAAAAAwB*w/vg/

When you get there you can click on "Look up a plant" then type in the name
of the plant.  For Bleeding Heart you will eventually come to:

http://pathfinder.com/vg/TimeLife/CG/Books/E02/Html/E02117X.html

If you have only planted the "old fashioned" bleeding heart (Dicentra
spectabilis), please try Dicentra eximia.  It has a much longer bloom
period.  Mine is still blooming here in Ohio.  Good luck!

Dr. David W. Kramer
Department of Plant Biology
Ohio State University at Mansfield
1680 University Drive