Biological Control in Greenhouses

Bill Williams WEWilliams at OSPREY.SMCM.EDU
Wed Mar 4 10:04:46 EST 1998

I'd like to get in touch with people who have personal experience with =
biological control in teaching/research greenhouses.  We have been =
experiencing serious spider-mite problems that threaten several students' =
research projects, and after many applications of "bombs," which require =
evacuation of the greenhouse for 24 h and very likely have at least some =
effects on plant growth, we still appear to have a mite problem.  I know =
that many greenhouses use biological control (mostly ladybugs), but I =
don't know how effective people have found this to be and what the best =
control agents are for spider mites.  There appear to be some helpful web =
sites and I'm sure there's literature, but I'd much prefer to talk with =
people who have actually tried biological control of spider mites.

Thanks,

Bill Williams
St. Mary's College of Maryland