(5) Science vs. Theology

Per-Anders Freyhult per.anders.freyhult at r.lrf.se
Thu Mar 5 23:42:48 EST 1998

Dr. Efram E. Goldstein wrote:

> nord at mail.atw.earthreach.com wrote [..]..
> > My conviction is that Science, though it has evidently
> > conquered Dogmatic Theology based on biblical texts and
> > ancient modes of thought, will go hand in hand with Religion[..]
> > Posted by Robert E. Nordlander
> > nord at mail.atw.earthreach.com
> > March 5, 1998
>
> Religion is not compatible with science at all-
> religion is the antithesis of science.
>
> All true scientists are atheists.
> All truly intelligent people are atheists.
> Religion is something found only
> in ignorant children. The logical process
> of reason must exclude mythological
> beliefs.
>
> Dr. Efram E. Goldstein

Why?

Althuogh I my self is probably beast designated as an agnostic I see no
reason that relegion and science are incombatible. Rather I see them as
paralell principles, religion dealing with those things that can not be
described in purely physical terms but are non the less important to
human such as the afterlife, the origin of all things( what scientist
can tell you what caused the Big Bang) and such things.
Also these lines "All truly intelligent people are atheists. Religion is
something found only in ignorant childern." are an insult to every
religious individual on this planet.

Johan Freyhult