image analysis systems

Gerry Deitzer gd3 at UMAIL.UMD.EDU
Wed Mar 18 11:31:04 EST 1998

I can highly recommend NIH Image from which, if I am not mistaken, the
others are derived anyway.  Certainly the price is right.  I used it in
the summer of 1994 at NASA Kennedy to measure the angles of curvature of
mutant Arabidopsis seedlings growing on the surface of agar plates
following gravity stimulation.  This allowed extremely accurate
calculations of thousands of plates very quickly and easily.  After
capturing the image it automatically saves all of the measured data to
Microsoft Excel allowing statistical manipulation and graphic
presentation to be done very simply.

Gerald F. Deitzer
University of Maryland