Announce: Botanical simulation

Cynthia Kurtz cfkurtz at kurtz-fernhout.com
Fri May 29 16:54:21 EST 1998

We would like to announce a new tool that helps you learn about plants
by drawing pictures of them. PlantStudio Botanical Illustration Software
uses a simulation model to "grow" drawings of a wide variety of
herbaceous plants such as wildflowers and herbs. Some basic botanical
concepts can be learned by working with the over 200 parameters to
create a wide variety of plants. The results can be used to illustrate
newsletters, web pages, and other graphics projects.

For a limited time, we are giving away free copies of PlantStudio to
people who return completed surveys.
This offer will be over on June 1, 1998.

For a gallery, screen shots, and info see
http://www.kurtz-fernhout.com/PlantStudio

With PlantStudio you can
* design a wide variety of plants
* breed new plants from parents
* create animations of plant growth
* copy plant pictures to the clipboard
* save to DXF format
* create Painter nozzles and Paint Shop Pro tubes
  to "spray" a picture with plants

You can download a fully-functional evaluation copy of PlantStudio
for Win 95/NT.

-Cynthia Kurtz
Kurtz-Fernhout Software
The Garden with Insight garden simulator
The StoryHarp Audioventure Authoring System
PlantStudio Botanical Illustration Software
http://www.kurtz-fernhout.com