Herbarium Labels

Monique Reed monique at bio.tamu.edu
Tue Oct 27 12:54:28 EST 1998

Please don't use standard paper.  It is NOT acid free and degrades rapidly.
You can buy acid-free paper from many sources.

You can print labels from any word-processing program, or you can type them if
you have a carbon-film ribbon (not one of the old cloth ones).  A friend of
mine is getting good results with a program that keeps her field log and
prints the labes from the database info--including a county map of the state
which can be colored in.  I think this may be Access-based.  She gets 3 labels
per sheet; the printing center can do the custom perfs.

Monique Reed
TAMU Herbarium Botanist.