Herbarium Labels

Monique Reed monique at bio.tamu.edu
Fri Oct 30 17:30:07 EST 1998

Rag bond for thesis paper may last a looooooooong time, but if it doesn't say
acid-free, it isn't.  We use good bond paper for our labels due to budget
constraints, but we have still seen some yellowing over the years.

Monique Reed
TAMU Herbarium

>I have a
summer 1998 catalog from Herbarium Supply Co. that still lists>various
sprocketed or tractor-feed label forms.  They also sell several>types of acid-
free/neutral rag/bond paper for sheet-feed printers.  I>think (correct me if
I'm wrong) that this is essentially equivalent to the>thesis bond sold in
"better" office supply stores so many will have a local>(perhaps more
economical) source.