c4 ps

Johnson, Jane j3johnso at uwsp.edu
Tue Sep 22 11:31:33 EST 1998

There are specific transporters to move malate into the bundle sheath cells.
These organic acids typically will not diffuse across the membrane.  The
enzyme required for the decarboxylation is located in the bundle sheath
cells.
A good plant physiology text such as Taiz and Zeiger, Hopkins or Salisbury
and Ross  should be able to provide additional information.

Jane Johnson
CNR Building
University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point
Stevens Point, WI 54481