Kodachrome slides

Dr. David A Starrett dstarret at BIOLOGY.SEMO.EDU
Mon Apr 5 12:04:56 EST 1999

At 09:31 AM 4/5/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>>Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 23:41:23 -0700
>>To: planted at net.bio.net
>>From: "Dr. Ashima Sen Gupta" <A0seng01 at athena.louisville.edu>
>>Subject: Kodachrome slides
>>
>>Dear Plant-edders,
>>
>>Does anyone know where I could get prepared slides to be used on a slide
>projector for use in an Intro Botany class that I teach? When I was taking
>a similar course as an undergraduate the instructor projected images on a
>screen to supplement his lectures. He covered algae, fungi, byrophytes etc.
>as well as plant anatomy and morphology using these slides to illustrate
>his points. I remember how effective his lectures were and he managed to
>show a great deal of the diversity of plant life using these slides. I know
>there are illustrations on CD that are available for use in lectures but
>not all our teaching classrooms are hard wired. I have looked at catalogs
>from some suppliers (Carolina, Wards etc) but have not found anything so
>far. I would be grateful for any information anyone might have about a
>source of prepared slides of  material which cover algae,fungi, vascular
>and non-vascular plants etc.  Thank you in advance.

try JLM Visuals: http://members.aol.com/JLMVisuals/right.html

Dave Starrett

*  Dr. David Starrett                           \           *
*  Biology Department, MS 6200                  /\          *
*  Southeast Missouri State University         (__)         *
*  Cape Girardeau, MO 63701                                 *
*  Ph: (573) 651-2382                                       *
*  Fax: (573) 986-6433                                      *
*  email: dstarret at biology.semo.edu                         *
*  WWW: http://biology.semo.edu/starrett/starrhpg.html      *