Phytochrome and hormones

Dr. David A Starrett dstarret at BIOLOGY.SEMO.EDU
Fri Apr 30 17:49:11 EST 1999

At 11:50 AM 4/30/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>Today a student stumped me by asking me why phytochrome is not considered a
>hormone. Does anyone have an answer?

Interestingly enough I had the same question today, please post responses
to the list, I am very interested in the responses.

Dave Starrett

*  Dr. David Starrett                           \           *
*  Biology Department, MS 6200                  /\          *
*  Southeast Missouri State University         (__)         *
*  Cape Girardeau, MO 63701                                 *
*  Ph: (573) 651-2382                                       *
*  Fax: (573) 986-6433                                      *
*  email: dstarret at biology.semo.edu                         *
*  WWW: http://biology.semo.edu/starrett/starrhpg.html      *