junk mail

Wed Aug 4 11:00:36 EST 1999

At 10:45 AM -0400 8/3/99, Jon Monroe wrote:
---snip---
>In the mean time please just quickly
>delete the junk and try not to let it bother you.  Are people happy
>with this plan?
>
>Jon

Jon,

I applaud you from afar...electronically...\/\/\/\/\//\
for your efforts on this list. I appreciate your
volunteering to personally "filter" the junk, but
family and professional obligations are just so
much more important. I think our delete key is easier
for us to do our part rather than making your life
miserable as moderator.  My 2-cents.

I will comment that the biosci connection is indeed
the source of the problem. The spammers know about
them and their multiple listserves and are flooding
them. A small local operation does not attract that
kind of attention from spammers.  ECSU hosts the
fernet list and it is spam-free through several years
of operation. It has 300 subscribers and is open to
all...yet not one spam...not even the monthly "beg"
from biosci itself.  It's just one small example.

ross

Ross Koning                 | koning at ecsu.ctstateu.edu
Willimantic, CT 06226 USA   | fax: 860-465-4479