competition between plant species

Monique Reed monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Thu Dec 2 11:14:42 EST 1999

Competition where?  In the wild or in a garden?  There are wild
mustards and some wild lettuce species, but I don't think broccoli is
truly wild anywhere, though it may persist for a bit in old gardens.
In an active garden, aren't the plants separated on purpose and cared
for to maximize the growth of each?  That is not competition.

M. Reed