computer animations

J. Monroe monroejd at jmu.edu
Thu Dec 2 22:18:44 EST 1999

Plant-ed,

I am posting this not as an ad, but as a request for information
regarding some plant-educational animations that I was recently made
aware of that were produced by Larry Jensen from The University of
Auckland, NZ.  His site
(http://www.sbs.auckland.ac.nz/nzplants/index.htm) has some still
images from "The Secret life of Mosses", "The Secret life of Ferns"
and "The Secret life of Pines" that look quite striking.  Can anyone
who has seen the videos comment on their merits for the group?

While we're at it, do people think using computer animations is a
valuable classroom exercise?  What should we look for when choosing
them?

Thanks,

Jon
   Jonathan D. Monroe           Associate Professor
   Department of Biology       office: 540-568-6649
   MSC 7801                       lab: 540-568-6045
   James Madison University       fax: 540-568-3333
   Harrisonburg, VA 22807   email: monroejd at jmu.edu
   http://csm.jmu.edu/biology/monroejd/jmonroe.html