Using Internet Resources to Enhance Learning

Monique Reed monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Tue Dec 14 10:35:36 EST 1999

We put as much of our plant systematics materials on-line as
possible--class notes, syllabi, lab tutorials, virtual field trips,
plant image gallery, grades (by ID #), test reviews, etc.  You can
check out our jumping-off point at
http://www.csdl.tamu.edu/FLORA/tfp/tfphome1.html

We have also found that having an ethernet connection in the classroom
is useful.  We can hook up a laptop and pull up images, sites, texts,
demos, etc, that we couldn't do with a slide show or overhead
projector. When the images we're showing are on our own site or have
been bookmarked in our browser, it is faster and more reliable than
slides.

Still, me make sure there is plenty of hands-on and lecture-only
material, so the students have to keep coming to class.

Monique Reed
Texas A&M