Western North Carolina Wildflower ID

Stephen M Jankalski CEREOID at prodigy.net
Fri Dec 24 13:31:06 EST 1999

Dear Zen,

In Radford, Ahles & Bell, Manual of the Vascular Flora of the Carolinas,
the following succulents are listed for your area. The herbarium at the
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill would have vouchers with the
actual localities where they are found. For more info on Crassulaceae see
also: Clausen, R.T. (1975) Sedum of North America north of the Mexican
Plateau.

CRASSULACEAE
Diamorpha cymosa (as Sedum smallii)
Sedum ternatum
Sedum glaucophyllum (as Sedum nevii)
Hylotelephium telephioides (as Sedum telephioides)
Rhodiola rosea ssp. roanense (as Sedum rosea)

Thre are also a number of introduced species of Sedum, such as Sedum
sarmentosum and Sedum acre.

PORTULACACEAE
Talinum teretifolium

AGAVACEAE
Manfreda virginica (as Agave virginica)
Yucca filamentosa
Yucca flaccida (as Yucca filamentosa var. smalliana)

CACTACEAE
Opuntia humifusa (as Opuntia compressa)
(For more information see: Benson, L. (1982) The Cactaceae of the United
States and Canada.)

Cereusly Steve

zen <zens at mindspring.com> wrote in article
<38633D7F.6696A9A at mindspring.com>...