Endangered Plants T-shirts - Discounted (not)

Timothy B. Levine hosstbl at yahoo.bloc.com
Fri Dec 24 14:21:42 EST 1999

Stephen M Jankalski wrote:

> Dear Tim,
>
> You misrepresented your posting by saying they are discounted when they are
> not.

Really, bid on one at Ebay and they're $4.99.  Send me an e-mail and I'll sell
you one at $4.99.  Although I barely got through Calculus back in high school,
but I believe $4.99 as compaired to $19.99 would be considered to be
discounted.

> Your offer is not a bargain. You are not selling them at cost. You are
> still trying to make a profit from a bad deal.

First of all one party does not have to lose money for something to be a
bargain.  Our entire commercial economic system is in part based on consumers
getting a bargain while the seller still makes a profit.

For the record we are not making money on this, we are cutting our loses.  Our
cost was $4 per shirt to print, plus when you consider the salaried time of the
graphic artist to design the shirt, the salaried time of me to essentially sell
of the shirts, plus the salaried time of the owner and accountant to handle all
of the logistics associated involved we are really losing out pretty good on
this.

> As you know, many people in the newsgroups to which you sent your posting
> have environmental interests and your posting is deliberately misleading.
> Your original posting implied the purpose of selling the T-shirts was to
> protect endangered species. Now you freely admit it is not.
>
> Since you are a salesperson, you probably don't see anything wrong in that
> either.

I suggest you reread my original posting.  It did not imply the purpose of the
shirt was to protect endangered species.  It was purely factual other than
refering to the shirt being awesome (which it is!) and that the price was
ridiculously low (which it is!).  I have a very high ethical standard, however
you seem to be misleading people about my original posting.

> Any way you cut it, its still SPAM.

It's a public forum.  I only posted it once.  Some people might be interested,
since you're not I suggest you ignore it.