Carnivorous Plants

Andrew D. conquest at
Mon Feb 8 02:32:28 EST 1999

In article <xslv2.10324$8X6.1009166 at>, "Stimpy"
<kowal at> wrote:

+If someone has to much seeds of carnivorous plants that want to get rid of.
+Please let me know. I will cover all the p&p.

BTW, you are aware that Stylidium isn't carnivorous aren't you? The
"hammer" on a Trigger Plant is used for pollination. When the right insect
lands on the flower, it "triggers" it and a "dollop" of pollen is stuck to
the insect's back. When it visits another Trigger, that one will pick up
some of the pollen and be fertilised.

It can be a bit of fun triggering them with a small stick.

Andy D.
Western Natives

conquest at
"I'm a great speller - but a hopless tpyist!"