Solandra

Thomas Knorr tknorr at ibm.net
Wed Feb 10 14:32:39 EST 1999

Hello,

I'm a student at the Hamburg University (Germany) at the Faculty of
Anthropology. There I write my dissertation about image-representations
of plants and birds in the Olmek culture (1200 - 300 BC). One of the
investigated images shows the flower which for me looks like a Solandra
brevicalyx (azt. Hueipatli). Unfortunately the amount of sepals can't be
observed
definitely.
As I know that the flower of the olmec painting has four sepals, I'd
like
to know if the Solandra also has four sepals. And, if not, it would be
of interest for me to know if there is another Solandra species with
four
sepals.

TIA

Sabine