Scientific Names

Andrew D. conquest at
Thu Feb 11 22:13:16 EST 1999

In article <36c231b7.28213143 at>, wexplore at wrote:

+ Can anyone tell me where I can find a web sight with a complete list
+of scientific names for indoor plants?
+  thank you..

You might like to look at:

This is not a list of actual plant names, but a guide to the meanings of
various parts. For instance many people think "pungens" means that a plant
smells (pungent odour) - in fact we find ...."pung- sharp, pointed,
pungent, piercing" anyone familiar with Australia's Hemiandra pungens will
understand the connection (ouch!).

Andy D.
Western Natives

conquest at
"I'm a great speller - but a hopless tpyist!"